[Patch 2.2] WD supp for Low GRs // 90+ b/h exp! Apr 20, 2015 10:09:55 GMT 1
Post by OraK on Apr 20, 2015 10:09:55 GMT 1
In this video I’m gaining around 95b/h
Hey what’s up guys! I want to share with you what i’m currently running during Low GRs session.
WD class is mainly used as “Single Target dps” because of its impressive dmg on Rift Guardian with a Pet build. But what I’m gonna show you is a different point of view, support.
So you are basically going to spec like this when:
• No support in party
• Already a single target dps in party
• Your dps fellas are too squishy
Why WD and not another support class?
Well, every class has its Pros&Cons, some classes are better in doing some stuff and WD is better in something else. But basically, this guide is for all the people that like to play WD (no multiclasser) and want to play Low GRs!
In the following text I will describe my choices about GEAR, SKILLS and GEMS, but before that, I want to repeat some basic tips for Supp WD for people that are new to the class or just never played GRs. You can skip this part if you are an experienced player
WD job in GRs (to be adjusted into Low GRs meta):
• Perma-CC Elites: Tiklandian Visage (voodoo mask) makes you perma-cc everything around you (usually 24 years with Face of Death rune – Horrify). Keep in mind that Tiklandian Visage ticks around every sec and doesn’t fear for 6/8 sec straight. That means, you will always have to leave your target into your horrify range every tick (that’s why sometimes Elites cast affixes or you get charged by mobs)
• Buff your party and Debuff mobs with your skills. Never stay behind your dps mates and try to always be in the “middle of the action” so you can recycle your cooldowns as much as you can (Grave Injustice passive)
• Bodyguard and Bodyblock: Always stay close to your dps fellas, try to protect them from ranged mobs. Use your body to “bodyblock” in case of Electrified (you don’t need to bodyblock on Low GRs)
• Engage Elites: Try to engage as first every elite pack, the important thing is to do it while Spirit Walk is up so they won’t cast anything when you are approaching.
• WD takes decision: Not mandatory in Low GRs, but you usually decide where to stay. Try always to be fast at finding a safe spot for dps.
You are basically going to use a full CDR gear! You really need a fast gameplay and CDR really helps with that. You don’t need Blackthorne’s set (big difference compared to High GRs gear), cause you don’t actually risk your life in this meta. Born’s set is what you want, main hand included! No need to use a Kukri cause, as I said, gameplay is fast and BBV is worth against Rift Guardian only (or in case of huge density that would allow you to recycle it fast through Grave Injustice). Cain’s set is good for exp and for IAS boost cause you have to spam Haunt as fast as possible. Free choice on Bracers, I usually run Nemesis, but Strongarm are fine as well! Amulet is another free choice. I prefer to use the “Star” (prevent fire dmg), because I don’t wanna be worried about Fire Chains and also because you don’t need to bodyblock electrified (Xephyrian purpose). Other slots are kinda obv, exp rings, tiklandian visage, Homunculus (for speed boost with Fierce Loyalty),Vigilante belt (CDR).
Gems are pretty much mandatory!
• Esoteric Alteration gives a huge buff to your thoughness letting you to play without any worries.
• Gogok: Very good with its 15%CDR. Horrify can proc it.
• Toxin: Another debuff for your party. Affects Guardian.
• Gem of Ease: Sick boost to your exp!
The purpose of you skills choice is to provide as much buffs/debuffs to your party as you can. Buff is obv BBV, while the debuffs are Hex (jinx), Piranhas (Wave of Mutilation), Haunt (Poisoned Spirit) and Toxin gem as mentioned before. Someone would ask why Wave of Mutilation and not Piranhado. Well, the answer is simple..it’s about cooldown! You are not gonna clear all mobs on screen so you don’t need to pull every mob in a single spot, Wave fits really fine in a fast gameplay. Once you casted Wave, just cast a couple of Haunt every step (Haunt > step ahead > Haunt > step and so on).
How can you reach 90+ billions exp/h?
It’s very simple. It’s all about the efficiency of your party (GRs should be cleared in less than 2 mins), Gem of Ease (OP..OP!) and “exp on kill” rolled on every piece of your gear (it’s a secondary affix). I usually run with more than 4k exp on kill! You could even do better than 90+b just by leveling up your Gem of Ease or using Ancient Gear (Exp on kill affix rolls higher!).
So guys, that’s all! I hope you enjoyed the video and the guide.. I really wish that all main WD players can have fun in this meta like other classes do.
Cya in game!